Thursday, April 5, 2007

Well, you can't say it's not suspenseful.....







So, nothing again today. I now really think it will be next week, probably Monday since I'm ridiculously busy that day with meetings I can't get out of. Eric is upstairs painting the kid's bathroom a wonderful shade of Pale Daffodil. He needed a project :) The pics are of the bathroom accessories. Yesterday I cleaned out two of our cabinets to make room for toddler plates and snacks. We have more cabinet space than I originally thought...well, once I decided to finally get organized! The rumors today have been bad, especially for our 10/28 friends, but in the end I firmly believe we will all be celebrating together. I can't imagine they will only do 2 LID..it just doesn't make sense.


On the home front, we priced out a new home and with it "loaded" we are still within budget. However, the problem is selling our home (which I think wouldn't be a problem) and having to go someplace else for a while. I just can't do that....not with being a new mom. It's better for me to only do one stressful thing at a time, even if it's good stress. The home is really beautiful, but the model we like has three bedrooms and I'd really like four since we hope for two children and I'd like a guest room upstairs. I am hoping to only move one more time and don't want to outgrow the house. Plus, if we wait and save even a few more months we can get something a little larger so that's the plan for now. I know someone who is building a new home and since they closed on their house they need to live in a hotel for 2 weeks and then another short-term place for 2 months....we would be asking a lot of our child who has already gone through so much adjustment. Eric and I also talk about relocating to Indianapolis (I went to undergrad at IU) or a suburb of Boston so who knows where the wind will take us :) Here's hoping my next post is about our baby!





5 comments:

Melanie & David said...

You're right about the suspense! If they don't include us I am just going to be heart broken. I can't believe that would be true. Love the sound of the room. Sounds like once you get cracking with the nesting that you really go at it! Seems like you're in full mode now. I totally agree that you should hold out for the 4 bedroom - a guest room is a must. Let's not have talk of relocation - our children are destined to grow up together.

Dawn said...

Hi Kristi!!

Thanks for stopping by and saying "hello" on our blog!!!

Yay!! You are another 10/26/05 LIDDER, just like us!! I don't know how we're going to make it thru the next few days. Are you with GWCA too!!! ( I see one of your fav sites is GWCA) I bet we'll get to travel to China together!! Hee, Hee.. you'll have to make sure you pack your favorite sports team jersey along on the trip for your little one... I think we may have a sports-related theme for at least one of the Red Couch photos!! :)

So you have a Springer!! One of Guinness' best pals is a Springer named Daisy... she can out-frisbee every dog in the neighborhood!!!!!

Time for some beer and chocolate ... and to check the RQ's site again!!!!!

~Dawn

Karen said...

Love the Bathroom Stuff.

And just say no to relocating. You don't want to go to the Boston area, it is way to cold, trust me I went to school in NH, it is freezing and as you know we're from upstate NY as well. And weren't you just trying to convince us to move out your way? Nice. :)

bugs parents said...

Kristi,
I love the ducks!!! They are so cute and friendly! Their cheerful faces are just what we need after the week we've had!
I've still not given up hope. Last month, they included the 24th when rumors said to the 19th. It's not over yet!
Have a great weekend.
Pam

EJ said...

I love the bathroom accessories. They will look great with the daffodil walls! I would hold out for the fourth bedroom as well. One can never have enoug rooms! I am trying to hold out hope that nasty rumor is just that. Enjoy your Easter with the family! Cant wait to see the bathroom all finished!
Ellen