Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Crib is Up!!

A big hooray to the fact that we assembled the crib today. I can't say it was a smooth process, but it's all good now. The room now actually looks like a child is going to live there! I hung a really cute mobile...I know, I know you're not supposed to have a mobile for a child that can stand. Well, I don't believe that she will be able to stand so I think we're good for a little bit. It's really cute and.........it's from PBKids :) I've been reclaiming the closet in Zoe's room by finally putting all the books onto the bookshelf. Although I previously didn't think it was possible, I now believe that it is possible for a child to have too many books :)

Eric finished painting the room on Saturday. I'm so proud of him for his great job! We had a date night last night...went to see "In the Land of Women" and then went out for dinner. Okay, it cost $16.00 for a matinee....what has the world come to! Talk about inflation. The movie was good...but not $16.00 good. I think we'll be a DVD family.

The weather has been beautiful today. Eric has some burgers on the grill and we're going to eat out on the deck. My public service announcement for the day is that we found 3 (yes THREE) ticks on Herman this weekend. Get your dogs vaccinated against Lymes disease if you haven't already.

Okay, I think that's it for now. I would like to make a post on entitlement .....as in what people believe they are entitled to from China, and why they believe they are entitled to more ( or sooner) than the next person....but I'll leave that for another day :)

2 comments:

Karen said...

Glad that you got the crib up and lived to tell about it. Can it be that kids can have to many books? I can't imagine. :)

Ticks are so nasty, we have problem here with them sometimes too and they so gross me out.

Melanie & David said...

Glad to hear about the crib. That's exciting. Too many books... never, can't be possible. This from someone who still has her books from her childhood and is working on doubling the child's number of books :-) Both my dogs have just finished a course of antibiotics for testing positive for Lymes - even though they were asymptomatic - well, we first had Egan tested because he had a limp but the vet thought it could be a soft tissue injury. Because of his test we got Caleb tested too - positive, so the drugs just in case. This weekend I did a lot of walking - found a tick on me last night! Gross. Sorry, went on a bit. Miss everyone. Melanie