Monday, April 2, 2007

Hanging on by a strand....

Well, the rumors were that referrals could have arrived today but it looks as though our friends across the pond haven't received them...maybe later this week? I'm working 6 hours today (or creating the pretense of working while I check the boards) and then am off the rest of the week for our spring break. I know the time is coming..I was just really, really hoping for today!!

In other news Eric and I just fell in love with a new construction home near us. The problem is that they are currently building for Oct/November (which could mean December). With the current market we'd have to put our townhome up for sale this summer which means we could be rendered homeless for a bit while waiting for the house to be finished. I'd hate to uproot our child twice, once to move in to an apartment or with family, and again into the new home. I've gotten a lot of support from the Yahoo boards about the kids being resilient though. The builder offers a 3% discount for government employees which is just fabulous. The home is 1/2 mile from the new town center with the movie theaters, restaurants, parks, tot lots, etc. It's also about 1/2 mile to the schools I work in. If we don't buy a home now we'll definitely be looking there for a resale...I just hope the prices don't go up too much! I mentioned before that we really love our townhome so we are in a win, win situation.

Back to the referrals...does anyone else expecting referrals this month also have butterflies? I feel like I did on my wedding day.....but then at least I knew the gender, age, and personality of my groom :)

2 comments:

EJ said...

I know I have a HUGE case of the butterflies this morning! I am still holding out hope for news today. It is such a beautiful day with everything blooming and starting anew. Only fitting if we can all start anew with our babies! You have company with your wait!!! How exciting about finding a home. I hope it all works out for both of you!

Ellen

Unknown said...

Oh I know it!! Butterflies or vultures...not sure which! The house buisiness sounds exciting. I am so pleased for you!! Good luck deciding!


Hmmm, I sure used a lot of exclaimation points, didn't I? Figures! ;) Hang in there!

Alyson