Tuesday, April 24, 2007

More Clothes from Friends!

When we got home from our trip to State College this weekend we were surprised by a gift for Zoe from our friends Melanie and David. Thank you! We love the dresses. They are so cute! I particularly love that the white dress is from a company called Maggie and Zoe :)

Nothing new on the adoption front, just a little bit of frustration. I thought we had been told to expect to travel about 6-8 weeks from referral but have come to learn that it's actually 6-8 weeks from the date the CCAA receives your acceptance. Since Great Wall is one of the last agencies to send back the acceptances (for good reasons, they want to make sure everyone is comfortable with their referrals) we will probably be one of the last to travel. I talked to someone in our travel department and she said that she thought we'd travel in June. I know it's only about a week or two difference, but after seeing Zoe's face all we can think about doing is getting to her.

I sent a care package to Zoe at the orphanage today...or I tried to anyway :) We had been told to claim $0 for the value of the package but the post office wouldn't let me saying they had been told not to allow this as the box would likely cause suspicion at customs. So I said it was worth $1..but don't know if the orphanage will have to pay tax on it, or if they do if they will. I may go ahead and do the Great Wall care package just to cover all bases. I really want the orphanage to know how much we already care and love her! Oh, I ordered the newspaper that Zoe's finding ad appeared in from Brian Stuy (sp?). I think it's important part of her history. I also ordered the medical kit from Orphan Allies so we'd have some medicine (and more importantly dosage information) for the trip.

Hope you all are having a great week!

3 comments:

EJ said...

Those outfits are adorabla I love the white one as well. I hope you had a great time at State. We missed you this weekend but hoped you were having a grand time! I hope your care package arrives without any problems. I have my fingers crossed that you travel ASAP!! Do you mind sharing that dosage chart?
Ellen

Melanie & David said...

I am glad you like the outfits. Thanks for mentioning that you ordered the newspaper ad - that is not something I knew you could do. Did you already know that or did the agency tell you? Is Orphan Allies the saem medical kit that the agency talks about? I have a little dosage instruction sheet that a friend gave me from her pediatrician's office but don't know if that's the same kind of thing to which you are referring. Hope your travel arrangements come together soon & that we'll be right behind you!
Melanie

Karen said...

Very adorable.

I hope that you can get the TA sooner rather than it taking so long.