Sunday, June 3, 2007

Zoe

We have Zoe. We arrived at the hotel in Nanchang around 2:20pm. The men went off to buy formula and water while the women set up the diaper bags and got the rooms ready. At 3:30 we were on the bus headed to the Jiangxi Civil Affairs Office. When we walked in I knew her right away. She's on the nanny's lap to the left. I knew her eyes. We were the 3rd to get our baby. She never cried in the Civil Affairs Office, but she also didn't make any noise. She was very observant. One of her room mates was crying and when I brought Zoe over to her they reached out for each other. That made me cry. Of course I was sobbing when we first got her anyway. We made it back to our hotel room before the crying began. It didn't last too long. She likes to be held and walked around the room. To anyone coming to Jin Feng hotel, if you can swing it get a suite. The regular rooms are very small and it's nice to be able to do the pacing without leaving the room.
I'm exhausted so I'm going to cut this short tonight. Zoe crashed about an hour ago which means she'll be wide awake in the middle of the night. I'm waiting for Eric to get back from signing paperwork before it's my turn. The pictures are obviously from today. The last picture has Zoe doing this really cute thing where she lifts her leg straight into the sky. She's either got gymnast or ballarina genes :) She thinks it's hillarious when Eric tries to imitate her. Oh, she's able to wear Carter's 6 month onesies. She's long but thin. She flips over like a little acrobat though and likes to pretend stand. She can sit up by herself for short stretches. We're working on the feeding issues as our first bottle wasn't too successful. She took her liquid vitamins like a champ though. Tomorrow is the official signing of the paperwork to make it all legal.


9 comments:

Karen said...

She is just beautiful. I've been stalking this morning and couldn't wait to see pictures. You know we are just so excited for both you and Eric. I'm so happy to see such pure joy in both of your eyes. Even through your tears, I know those eyes are bursting with happiness.

Congratulations and Thanks for the size update.

Can't wait to meet her in person.

Enjoy.

EJ said...

Oh Kristi and Eric she is absolutely hands down ADORABLAE!! We are so happy for you and I cried tears of joy when I could see pure happiness in both of you! Thanks for posting so quickly I have been sooooo anxious to see you with your new daughter!!
Love, Ellen and Rick

Unknown said...

Kristi and Eric, Congratulations on Zoe's arrival into your arms (although I know she's been in your hearts for a long, long time!). She is beautiful, and the joy on your faces has me crying happy tears for all of you. I can't wait to meet her!!! Love, Amy E.

Sam said...

Kristi & Eric - she is so very beautiuful. Like Karen said I myself have been stalking waiting to see pictures. Thanks for posting them. We look forward to seeing more on Zoe!! Congratulations to you both.
Sherri

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! Isn't it the most amazing feeling in the world to finally hold your little girl. You'll figure out the bottle or any other issue that comes up, just enjoy it.

I strongly recommend that you post as much as you can. I am so thankful I did as your brain is such a whirlwind of activity that it's too easy to lose the details if you rely on memory.

Unknown said...

Hi Eric & Rick, I'm Shawns mom. I just wanted to say how beautiful Zoe is. I am so very happy for both of you and wish you nothing but love and happiness with your daughter. after seeing her I cant wait for shawn & karen to be able to hold Ava in their arms. These little girls are so lucky to have such wonderful parents. I look forward to seeing more pictures of you and Zoe Sandy

Julie and Steve said...

Congrats! Zoe is gorgeous. I am so happy for you both, can't wait to follow the rest of your trip.

Dannye said...

congrats, she is just beautiful, and we look forward to following along on your journey!!

Samantha said...

Zoe is Gorgeous!