Thursday, May 3, 2007

Waiting on TA/ My baby is 8 months today!

Have you seen all the gorgeous babies that were referred this month? Wow! Congrats to all the new mommies and daddies! I'm so happy that the CCAA mailed the batch off before the holiday. I know this is going to be a very special Mother's Day for a lot of us.

We're still waiting and waiting on our TA. The first two weeks after we saw Zoe's picture were like a dream. I barely slept and was so excited. I now feel like I've gone back to pre-referral status. It's really too hard to keep up excitement for 7-9 weeks :) I love looking at her picture but wish I had more, or different, or older, ect. She is 8 months old today and I can't wait to hold her. Some others with our referral date got their TAs on Tuesday so I know ours will or should be coming shortly after the CCAA returns from their week long break.

My friends are throwing me a baby shower on Saturday. Ironically, I'm going to be one of the only people at my own baby shower who is not pregnant :) That's a bit odd don't ya think? Eric's school threw him a shower on Tuesday and we got a lot of BabysRUS gift cards. I think we'll be able to put those to good use! One of the best gifts was a baby relief kit full of baby meds, which coupled with the one from Orphan Allies, makes us good to go on that front. I have a doctor's appointment today to get a script for my own antibiotic. I keep telling Eric he needs to go too...I'm not sharing :)

5 comments:

Julie and Steve said...

Hope you get your TA soon! I love the thing about everyone being pregnant at your babyshower except you! I feel that way ALL the time - surrounded by my pregnant friends...

Karen said...

I sure hope your TA arrives soon. I know you can't wait to get your arms around Zoe.

Melanie & David said...

Hoping for your TA soon! So funny a comment about not being pregnant at your own shower :-) Enjoy the party - you guys deserve it. I was wondering - when is Eric's baby 8 months? Just being cheeky.
Love, Melanie

Kristi said...

Melanie~ LOL! You caught me. Eric asks if I'm ever going to let him hold Zoe in China. I suppose it is important for the dad to bond too... :)

EJ said...

Happy 8 month Birthday to Miss Zoe!!! I hope you get your TA soon so she will be in your arms to celebrate her 9 month. I have my fingers crossed!
Ellen