Thursday, May 10, 2007

CA and flights!

We got our CA confirmation today and our flights are booked! I'm so excited and scared to death all at the same time! Those of you who know me know I'm terrified, absolutely terrified, of flying. Now you would think that a valium or something would help but I'm too much of a control freak to take one. I need to be aware in case we need to make an emergency landing. Yes, I realize there is something wrong with me :) I would like to thank the powers that be for giving Washington Dulles the nonstop to Beijing flight. It's the take offs and landings I'm not a fan of. (ugh, I hate ending sentences in prepositions).

In other exciting (for me) news, my classes are finally over for the semester! I taught 5, count them 5, graduate courses this spring. Two of them were on-line so they probably count as 1/2 or 1/4 classes but I still had to participate in online discussions and grade assignments. Last semester I taught 3 classes (1 was online) but the university I do the majority of my teaching with ran into a bind at the last minute filling adjunct faculty positions so I helped out. It's good experience (not that I ever want to be a full-time professor) and I know I will not have the time to carry anywhere near that load after we bring Zoe home.

I still need to post pictures of the shower and will do that soon. I also need to write the thank you notes from the shower but that is another story.

4 comments:

Karen said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! We are so happy for you and Eric. Doing the Happy Dance here in Maryland for you.

Can't wait to meet Zoe.

And Congrats on finishing the classes. I know that there is an awful lot of work that goes into preparing to teach a class and to do that on top of your regular job is just amazing.

Dawn said...

Kristi!!

OMG Kristi!!!!! We are flying out of Washington Dulles too!!!

Shoot me an email at: dawn_brian_guinness@yahoo.com so we compare our flights!!!!!

~Dawn
Things are starting to "feel real" right now!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet you at the airport! We'll be flying soon.

AmyO said...

Hurray...we get to travel soon! See you in China in a few days! AmyO