Monday, May 21, 2007

Busy!!

This weekend was wonderful but very busy. We went to our friends' (Ellen and Rick) home for a baby sign class. Ellen has the most beautiful nursery that I have ever seen set up for her daughter. She's such a talent AND she can also cook! Ellen and Rick hosted the rest of the October Mid-Atlantic crew (except for 2 who are in China) for a baby sign class. It was very interesting and something that I think Eric and I will try with Zoe. We relaxed a bit on Saturday night. Then on Sunday my mom and her boyfriend came over to help us set up the blinds in Zoe's room. Ed and Eric tackled the blinds while my mom and I went to BabysRUs to get Zoe a pack and play. I LOVE the pack and play! I bought a Graco model that has the diaper changing station, bassinet and play yard. It also plays classical music and nature sounds :) It will be nice to have some place to put Zoe where I know she will be safe if we're busy cooking or something. It took Eric and Ed a little longer (like 4 hours longer) than they thought to put up the blinds. Apparently the wood in our house is not only termite resistant, it's power drill resistant as well :) The blinds are up now and they look fantastic.

Today I sent off the rest of the money to our agency for our travel fees. Our travel coordinator accidentally upgraded us to a suite in Zoe's province but we're going to keep the upgrade :) I also ordered a Panda Phone so we can make calls home while we're there. I had to e-mail the panda phone folks and they got right back to me...but at the end of the e-mail they wrote..

Thank you for placing your order and have a safe trip? (question mark). When you're afraid to fly, it's not so great to see a question mark at the end of safe trip ;) Zoe is pretty much all packed. Despite warnings, I'm packing one bag for her and one bag for Eric and I. I just don't want to have to rummage through two bags looking for things. It's a nonstop flight so hopefully the bags won't get lost. (Remember Seinfeld?...JFK...Honolulu :) ).

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Kristi!!

We also just sent in our travel fees too!! Only 10 more days until we leave! I can't believe it!! It feels so surreal!!

I'm also looking at getting a Pack and Play for C.M., everyone who has one just raves about them!

Definitely bring Zoe's Colts outfit!! I think Erin is going to bring a Philadelphia jersey for Jillian, and then, like you said, we could cut and paste our girls into the 10-28 sports-themed-red-couch-photo!!!!

~Dawn :)

Karen said...

You will have a safe trip. No question about it.

We've been looking at Pak 'n' Plays as well it the last big item on our list and for some reason we can never find exactly what we are looking for, what that is I have know Idea.

Nine more days till you leave at this point. Can't wait to follow along on your blog.

Hey did you end up getting avideo camera?

Melanie & David said...

Sounds like you got Pack 'n Play DELUXE! Awesome! Getting stuff for them is so much fun. We're so excited for you with you leaving so soon. I hope you are going to be able to keep us updated when you are in China and post lots of photos. You guys sure have been busy getting stuff done - that was funny about the blinds. Sounds like it was a project where it was good that Eric did it with someone else, rather than one of those "not speaking to you" husband/wife projects that go horribly awry.

Melanie