Monday, March 19, 2007

This is Us....


This is a picture of Eric and I on our wedding day, June 19, 2004. I have to say it was the happiest day of my life thus far. Possibly only to be rivaled by the day we finally meet our child in China. Okay, so now that I'm more comfortable with blogger I can get into the purpose of this blog. I've been meaning to keep a journal of our adoption story but have thus far failed to do so. Since I'm always on the computer anyway, I thought this might be easier. I've also really enjoyed reading the adoption blogs of others over the past year. We have been waiting for almost 17 months for our referral. We started our paper chase on our first wedding anniversary and were logged in with the CCAA on October 26, 2005. When we started the adoption process, the wait was six months. We thought we'd have been home for almost a year now with our child....but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men... In a way the extra time has really been great. Eric and I have had more time to be just a couple and enjoy married life. We've been very fortunate to meet some wonderful people in the China adoption community with our agency who share a LID very close to ours. We're looking forward to traveling with them in a couple of months! (Finally, I can say that). Come on CCAA, we're ready for our referral.

3 comments:

EJ said...

What a beautiful Wedding picture!! I agree we are ready and bring on the Referrals! Hopefully, we will be back from China by your Anniversary so you can enjoy your third Anniversary as a family of three plus Herman of course!

Ellen

Karen said...

That picture is so beautiful!!!


This is great now that you have a blog, I can keep track of what your up to. Now we just have to get some more of our friends to join the blog world.

Shawn and I are really looking forward to this next batch.

Unknown said...

Welcome to blog world! That is one beautiful wedding picture. I can't wait to see some baby pictures here, too!