Sunday, March 18, 2007

Herman with his baby


This is our dog Herman. Is he not the cutest puppy? He thinks he's people. I woke him up from a nap to take the picture so that's why he looks so sleepy. He's not really a puppy anymore. Eric and I adopted him when he was three years old (he's 8 now) from a friend who didn't have time to care for him. Note: We did not name him but doesn't he look like a Herman? When we got him he was a mess, he had complete separation anxiety from being crated for up to 12 hours a day. He is now the most loving, wonderful dog. He's 50 pounds but a total lap dog. He's not happy unless he's touching at least one of us. He is the current baby of the family. He's really great with kids, but I don't know how he'll be having to share the attention with our little one. This first "real" post is an attempt to post a picture. Hope it works!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I finally get to see a picture of the much talked about Herman. He totally looks like a Herman. Armani and he would be great friends.

Love that you've started a blog. I will add a link if you would like.

EJ said...

That is great you took the plunge to start a Blog. Herman is a cutie. I can see him snuggling up with the new baby!! How fun now I can follow the rest of your journey! The journey should get real exciting soon!

Ellen

Anonymous said...

Wow this is a great blog. My wife and I are LID Oct 28th. Maybe we will be in the same group. Your husband has the smile of a man whose team just won the Super Bowl. (Insert various fur baby reference)

There you go, the first of many similar posts HAHAHAA. Welcome to the club.

Shawn