Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Pictures

This is actually from Thanksgiving but an activity Zoe continued to demand from my brother at Christmas...blowing bubbles!


Eric, Zoe, and Santa at the daycare photo day. Her second visit with Santa and she wouldn't sit on his lap without daddy being there.

Finally getting to read his daughter, "The Night Before Christmas". My father used to read this story to me on this same couch when I was little. I was very choked up taking these pictures, and sorry again my dad didn't get to meet Zoe.

In her Santa hoody Christmas morning. Herman's stuffed airplane in the background :)


Elf Sized and playing with new toys at my mom's house.

I don't have a picture of this but Zoe proved herself to be a true Hockensmith this weekend. Eric and I had taught her to do the "touchdown" gesture for the college football season so it shouldn't have surprised us that our daughter, who only has about 15 words, watched a football game on the 23rd and again yesterday, listened to the commentators during a score, put her arms above her head and said, "Tutdown!".

5 comments:

Karen said...

Too funny Ava just started saying "Touchdown" as well.

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.

"The Twas the Night Before Christmas", has me in tears, it must have been so emotional for you. I know you miss your dad like crazy and the holidays are a tough time especially this one.

All our love and a belated Merry Christmas.
Karen, Shawn and Ava

Beth said...

We've been working on "Touchdown!" at our house, too. Maybe we'll hear a couple this weekend. :)

Thanks for the hairbow site below. Hope is doing so much better with leaving her's in her hair. I MUST get more! :) - slightly obsessed here, too.

Congratulations on Zoe's baptism. What a special day. And - Belated Merry Christmas to you as well.

Beth

EJ said...

Kristi,

I LOVE all the pictures of her Baptism and Christmas! You can feel the joy you were feeling it just jumps out at you when you look at all the pictures.

What a treasure and wonderful tradition to carry on reading"Twas the Night Before Christmas". I know that must have been very difficult for you! I too am sorry that your father never got to meet your precious angel Zoe! I have a feeling he is watching her everyday from up above!

Thanks for sharing such great photos! She is just darling!

Love, Rick, Ellen and Sarah

AmyO said...

Hey that's how our daughter reacted to meeting Santa for the 1st time too! How cute :)

Erin said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas as well. It's always fun to see their reactions to the gifts, even if they don't quite understand what's going on. Zoe's reaction to Santa is priceless.

We're in the process of planning Jill's Christening and deciding on how big or small to make it.