Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Uh Oh!

Uh Oh is Zoe's word of the week :) She's been saying it for a couple months but now she's added hand gestures so it's adorable as in "Uh Oh (shoulders shrugged, palms up)". It's a very fitting word as in "Uh Oh, Mommy and Daddy lost their digital camera and therefore haven't taken any pictures of me in a month!". We have no idea where the camera went to, we're hoping it wasn't stolen during our Open House. The Gods must have been smiling on me though because even though we had a memory card from China and Zoe's birthday in the camera, I had finally uploaded all the pictures to the computer so we lost nothing. Thank Goodness. I'd be beside myself if those pictures from China and Zoe's first few months were lost. We need to get another one before our trip to Indiana for the IU/PSU football game. We need to document Zoe's first football game. In case you're wondering, she's rooting for IU. They are playing better than Penn State this year anyway :) I can't wait to take her to the bookstore on campus and get her outfited. It's, of course, my dream that she'll want to go to school there when she's older...but if it is like it was when I was there then there is not much of an Asian population. I'm sure my parents hoped we'd all go to Illinois but that didn't work out for them either (although Kathy would have gone there had she lived).

Not much has been going on this week. I was so sick on Thursday/Friday that I had to take off of work but send Zoe to daycare since there was no way I could have cared for her. She's not one to let me use the restroom by myself and let's just say I needed to use the restroom by myself :) It was either food poisoning or the stomach flu but either way taste aversion has kicked in to the last thing I ate before getting sick so Starbucks is not completely banished from my life. I can't even look at the sign. For insight into how parenting is going for us at times, Eric actually said as I was sick, "You know I'll kill you if you're pregnant, right?" I think Zoe may be an only child. She's the little love of our lives, but boy this is work :) She's as active as ever, loving to take her steps (still not a great walker but getting better each day), and climbing up the stairs and generally everything else in her path. She's got the body builder thing going as she's power squatting down to pick up heavy (for her) objects and then attempting to walk them over to us. I don't think she realizes that she has to learn to balance just herself first for walking before she can balance with other items. She keeps us busy with constantly wanting to be read to. I've had to wedge the books into the shelves to keep her from getting them all the time. She takes one out, brings it to us, claps her hands so we'll read it, climbs in our laps for the story and then goes to get another one. Over and over. Over and over. I know more stories by heart now. I hope she continues her love of books but there are only so many times you can read them! (as I told this story to my friend who has grown children he proceeded to recite from memory stories he read to his kids 20 years ago)

Oh, one last thing. Zoe stopped crying when I drop her off at daycare. She willingly goes to Miss Cindy's arms and waves bye-bye to me(she also says Bye with a southern drawl). For all the guilt I felt when she cried..at least I didn't have the "Don't you love me anymore?" feeling :)

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my God, Eric's comment was too funny! Kids are so active ALL THE TIME--I'm constantly wiped out and I can nap when she does ;-0 And the reading thing--yeah, we have it, too. If I have to read "Polar Bear, Polar Bear What Do You Hear" one more time I might just lose my mind. I love your description of how she claps her hands and you must read. I just have the book thrown at me and the "uughh" grunt.

Kristi said...

LOL Erin :) That's one of the ones! The whole Brown Bear, Polar Bear, and Panda Bear series!

Karen said...

Our book that is driving us crazy is "Where is Baby's Belly Button?" And BTW we have a copy to share with you.

Eric's comment is just too funny. I think Shawn would have said the same thing.

RamblingMother said...

Sorry to hear about your camera. Hope you find it soon.

Beverly

Kristi said...

Karen,
Thanks :) We have that book too. It's one of her favorites. Where are baby's feet? Behind the cat...She loves to kiss the little Asian girl.