Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Day of Milestones

A family photo taken on Saturday.

Zoe had a little bit of a better night last night, but she still woke up around 2am and needed to be comforted. We're hoping that having another whole day on the antibiotics (which she hates, by the way) will make tonight even better. The medicine is killing her appetite though which doesn't make me happy. This is a little one who doesn't need to lose any weight.

Today was a very exciting one for Zoe :) She stood on her own for at least 15 seconds, much to the amazement of Eric and I. Her balance is getting better every day and she loves to practice. Then she figured out how to crawl up the step between our living room and dining room. The thing she did that impressed me the most happened after her bath today. I always comb her hair and say "combing Zoe's hair" and then comb mine and say, "combing mommy's hair", and then give her the comb which she puts in her mouth. Today I did that little routine with her and when I gave her the comb she combed her hair!! Then I said, "Comb Mommy's hair" and she put the comb in my hair! Okay, when I say comb I mean she put the comb to the side of her head and ran it up and down(several times actually) not that it actually combed it but hey, she knew what it was used for! Her combing actually took out a few hairs on my head :)

5 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like Zoe's making a lot of progress. The hair combing is very cute and impressive.

EJ said...

How cute Kristi! I love reading how much Zoe is making progress! I also love the family photo!!
Love, Ellen

Jewels of My Heart said...

Love the picture. She is so beautiful. Hope she sleeps well tonight and is feeling better.

Dawn said...

Congratulations to Miss Zoe on her milestones!!

I hope she feels better soon. What a beautiful family photo of you 3!!

~Dawn

Unknown said...

Kristi,

Sorry to hear about the ear infection. I hope she is feeling better soon.

Michele