Thursday, November 15, 2007

Really Cool Toy


I'm so excited about this really cool toy I just bought Zoe for Christmas. It's a giant hugable dinasour that also has 60 different colored balls in it and acts like a ball pit when it is unzipped. I imagine we're going to have 60 different colored balls floating around the basement....but still, it's really cute :)

This has been a crazy week. On Monday Zoe woke up and couldn't put weight on her left leg. She kept falling so I took her to the peditrician thinking they would just tell me that she pulled a muscle. Nope, off to the hospital we went for X-rays and bloodwork with both mom and baby in tears. Zoe, wisely, is not a fan of bloodwork and the tech was not terribly good at finding her vein. It broke my heart to have to hold her down. Then off to X-rays we went where again we had to restrain her so they could get a picture of her hips. I guess there is a common hip infection that kids can get that causes a sudden limp. As it turns out she is fine. We think she may have slept on it funny because for the next couple of days she limped after naps and waking. I was also really stressed because I had work that was due on Monday and I had no choice but to go to the office and get it done. Working mom guilt. I'm so thankful that my mom and Ed were able to come over last minute and watch Zoe for me. I obviously didn't want to take her to daycare if she were in pain.

Thanksgiving is finally upon us. Us 12-month employees really look forward to this 5 day weekend (they give us Wednesday off too). Eric and I are going to take Zoe to daycare on Wednesday and have a date day. We're planning on going to a movie together for the first time since we brought Zoe home. I'm looking so forward to spending the 5 days with Zoe (and for my brother to finally meet her!), but I've missed the one on one time with Eric and can't wait for that as well.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the dino...we have a ball pit Elephant the kids love...yes, balls everywhere.

Melanie

Karen said...

That is a great idea to have a date day with Eric.

I hope that Zoe is getting better everyday.

bugs parents said...

Kristi,
I'm so sorry you had to go through that ordeal with Zoe - I'm also very thankful it turned out to be nothing serious! It's so hard to be a mom sometimes!

Have a great date with Eric and enjoy your long weekend!

Melanie & David said...

Kristi,
How scary to have that happen with Zoe. That was not a fun experience. Glad to hear that she is recovering. A date? What fun! Let us know how that goes so that we can live vicariously through you - that's the tough part about not having family close by. There are so many movies out right now that look pretty good. Enjoy yourselves. We're kind of hoping that while my folks are here over Thanksgiving that we can sneak in a date too - like you, the first since being home. Have a wonderful first Thanksgiving with Zoe - we finally get to celebrate these holidays with our precious daughters.

RamblingMother said...

Glad to know she is fine. That would be too scary.
Oh and my word verification letters spelled fishfur, no joke!
Beverly