Friday, July 13, 2007

Welcoming Home New Friends

The first of our October 28th friends came home on Wednesday. Welcome Home Shawn, Karen, and little Ava! I think everyone else comes home today or tomorrow. We're so excited to meet all of the new additions to your families and hear about your adventures in China!

Zoe has had a great week. She's trying to pull up on things now, is crawling better, and is taking steps while holding on to our hands. We enrolled her in a Little Gym class for 10-18 month olds. Boy, some of those little ones can move quickly! While she's probably not getting much out of it motorically (although her crawling did get better after watching the other kids), and she's by far the smallest kiddo in class, she absolutely LOVES watching the other children. Speaking of being tiny, we finally moved her into 9 month Carter clothes this week! She's definitely been putting on weight.

I've been working on getting her to wave hello and goodbye. Last night she waved goodbye to her Pap Pap on her own Eric tells me. She also waved bye bye to Eric and said "b" as she did it as I took her up to bed...so cute! Her sleep is still hit or miss. Last night was good for her, bad for me. I get the bedtime to 5am shift with her. She was up a few times until 4ish but then slept in until 7am. She actually pushed the button on her Ocean Wonders mobile to play the lullaby song on her own at 4am. I worry about her if she's quiet for too long and I also have a hard time going back to sleep anticipating the next cry :) However, those days she is up at 5am I love giving her to Eric and sleeping in until 9. It's a trade off. There are no words that can make me love Eric more than when he says, "I've got her hon, go back to bed." I'm so lucky, make that we're so lucky, to have him.

1 comment:

Ava's Dad said...

Thats right Dads have to represent. So far I try where I can but Ava certainly LOVES her Mommy. Daddy is ok but then its comfort time Mom is numero uno. I know what you are talking about when you say anticipate the next cry. I sit there thinking "Wait for it, wait for it - oh there it is". Look forward to seeing you guys soon.